A Home Away from Home!
"Mid pleasures and palaces though we may room, be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."
But still we at Nalanda define our Dwelling place in the institute as A Home Away from Home. There are three Boys Hostels in the campus with a total capacity of more than 400 students and three Girls Hostels in the city. Every Hostel has been provided with modern facilities, meeting the requirements of students.
Nalanda hostel is just another home for the students. As a 24 x 7 campus, the hostel gives the comfort and feel of being with one’s family. In addition, state-of-the-art security technology is being deployed to ensure complete safety for all residents.
The master plan of the college has a `spine’ that connects the hostel and academic areas. At present, all academic programs at Nalanda are 100% residential. A student who wishes to complete his studies at a top notch institution needs to pass through a rigorous academic program. Most students find that they have to work extra hours and stretch themselves fully to benefit from the learning experience. Campus learning in a true sense must, therefore, integrate classroom learning with tangible and intangible experience outside the classroom and class time. This requires building a variety of facilities and creating an ambience that is conducive to learning. Some salient features of the student hostel are:
1. Well-furnished, single and twin sharing accommodation and earth-air cooled hostel rooms.
2. Each room positioned to provide a beautiful view of the surrounding.
3. 24-hour Internet connection in the rooms through Wi-Fi.
4. Thirty six students housed on each floor, at full capacity.
5. One Dining Hall, suitably furnished equipped with a TV.
6. On-campus sports facilities in the campus including volleyball, basketball, cricket, football, badminton and table tennis.
7. Wi-Fi enabled campus so you can always stay connected, wherever you roam.
8. Healthy and hygienic dining facility.
9. 24-hour medical facilities for emergencies.
10.24-hour ‘Reverse Osmosis’ purified clean drinking water.
11.24-hour security with state-of-the-art technology support.
12.A Punjab National Bank, ATM is operational on the campus